Do you wish you could work in a private practice setting without the overwhelm of starting your own business? Do you love being a part of a clinical team? Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center is pleased to announce an opening for a Postdoctoral Resident to join our practice full-time. Start date negotiable. Candidates with diverse identities are encouraged to apply!
****We are unable to accept applications from master’s-level clinicians at this time. Psychologist applicants only****
About the Position
Our Postdoctoral Residency provides the opportunity to work in a private practice setting, engage in long-term psychotherapeutic work, and increase professional confidence and competence while simultaneously receiving specialized training in preparation for practicing as a licensed psychologist.
Postdoctoral Residents will provide therapy services for clients with eating disorders and general mental health concerns including depression, anxiety, trauma, and relational concerns. Though you will work with general mental health concerns, willingness to work with eating disorders is required. Postdoctoral Residents will also perform psychological assessments.
Postdoctoral Residents receive weekly group and individual supervision as well as specialty training in eating disorders and psychological assessment. Supervision for eating disorder cases counts toward application for Certified Eating Disorders Specialist if candidate desires. Postdoctoral Residents participate in didactic trainings and case consultation meetings for eating disorders. Postdoctoral Residents also lead weekly group supervision for doctoral trainees.
Postdoctoral Residents will complete all required supervision and clinical contact hours for license application within the one-year postdoctoral residency period. Postdoctoral residents are preferred candidates for future licensed, long-term positions within the practice.
Our clients are pleasant, motivated individuals who are seeking treatment for eating disorders, anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship concerns, and mood disorders. Postdoctoral Residents must provide individual therapy, however, family, group and couples therapy are not required but preferred. Clients who are not clinically appropriate for our areas of expertise are referred out to other specialty clinics.
We are fortunate to have a high volume of new patient referrals and are able to quickly fill your caseload pending insurance credentialing. Please note, pay is hourly, based on client contact hours- this is not a salaried position.
Postdoctoral Resident candidates with licenses such as LPC or LCSW are highly preferred.
Our streamlined system and administrative support ensure that you can show up, meet with clients, write your notes, and go home to take good care of yourself and enjoy your loved ones.
- Health Benefits including Medical insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance
- Roth and Traditional 401k accounts with 3-5% company match
- Competitive, weekly pay. Position is compensated higher than community mental health and most university counseling centers in the area
- No on-call or crisis services
- Flexible schedule with weekday hours, with the option of working some report writing hours from home
- All billing/payment, scheduling, and administrative tasks completed for you with ongoing admin support
- Insurance credentialing provided
- Professional liability insurance provided
- Supervision hours that count toward CEDS designation for Eating Disorder Specialists
- Completely furnished office in upgraded suite in luxury building
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Genuine compassion and passion for working directly with clients
- Spirit of service toward clients, the clinic, and the community
- Clinical excellence- sharp diagnostic skills, advanced therapeutic skills
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills including assertive communication
- Interest in strong professional relationships with fellow team members
- Ongoing commitment to cultural humility and multiculturally-informed work
- Doctoral degree from APA/CPA-accredited program in clinical or counseling psychology. We are not accepting applications for masters-level candidates at this time.
- License Eligible in Colorado, registered as Psychologist Candidate with CO before start date
- Experience working with eating disorders, particularly at higher levels of care
- Completion of APA-approved pre-doctoral internship
- Experience working with eating disorders; additional training/coursework in eating disorders
- Current license such as LPC or LCSW or eligible to become licensed at the master’s level during postdoc year